Wednesday, December 16, 2009

More Disclipline

I havent been posting because I have just been doing the workouts in the morning, 3-4 times weekly, and nothing really to say except that as my body gets used to them, I have to do more reps, go faster, or add more routines to the morning workout. I try to stay mindful that form is still the most important factor after heartrate and duration, not number of reps.

In addition to the problem of calorie intake discipline (not a diet, but when and how well balanced the meals are), I have discovered a new problem to overcome.  I still have weak knees.  They have always been underdeveloped, but now I have to be extra careful when doing squats and other exercises, not to strain them and cause injury.  This is probably why I was always a better swimmer and lousy runner! 

This condition annoys me greatly, and I have decided that the only solution is to overcome it by strengthening my knees over a long period of time.  I dont think there is any other way to deal with the situation effectively... because I am surely not going to avoid a whole category of exercises just because of my knees!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged, but material inappropriate to the topic, such as spam, intentionally offensive messages, or other content I deem unfit will not be published.